Hearing “I’m Pregnant!”
Did your partner just recently tell you she’s pregnant? Wow, that’s a lot to take in! It also leads to all kinds of questions:
- “Does she know for sure she’s pregnant?”
- “How can I tell her what to do? It’s her body, right?”
- “Why wasn’t she more careful?”
- “What do I do now?”
- “What if she wants money? I don’t have any money!”
Are you confused, angry, or even fearful? Alexandrina Pregnancy Center has a place for you too.
Get The Support You Need
There isn’t a rule book for navigating an unplanned pregnancy. It requires some open communication.
The first thing you need to remember, you are 50% of the equation. It isn’t just “her body, her choice.” She’s carrying your child so you have every right to have an opinion. We’ll review your options with you and map out a plan that’s best for both of you.
Choosing to be a father
If you and your partner choose to co-parent, we have educational information available. Fathers who are involved in the life of their children make a huge difference. According to Child & Family, children who grow up with involved fathers are:
- 39% more likely to earn mostly A’s in school
- 45% less likely to repeat a grade
- 60% less likely to be suspended or expelled from school
- Twice as likely to go to college and find stable employment after high school
- 75% less likely to have a teen birth
- 80% less likely to spend time in jail
As you can see, you are a valuable resource in the life of your child.
Your Next Step
We recommend talking with a mentor at Alexandrina Pregnancy Center. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration. We’ll help to get you on the right track. Set up an appointment today.